An encouragement for members and visitors alike.
Sundays the LORD’S Supper is served during our Worship Service. As the LORD prepares us to receive this gift, we will want to examine and refresh ourselves with what we have been taught from the Word of God.
And so, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I a baptized child of the Heavenly Father? Acts 2:38-39
- Have I confessed and repented of my sins? (Do I have a desire to be forgiven by God through Christ Jesus my Lord?) Matthew 3:2, Mark 1:15
- Do I trust only in Jesus Christ as my Savior from sin? 1 John 1:7
- Do I believe that in this Blessed Sacrament (Holy Communion) I am receiving the actual body and blood of Christ, under the bread and wine, into my mouth, for the forgiveness of my sins? Matt. 26:26-29
- Do I intend to, with the Lord’s help, amend my sinful life? Galatians 5:22-26
The Holy Spirit, who called you out of darkness into the wonderful light of the Gospel, will assist and pray for you in this faithful discipline.